Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I am going on 3-1/2 to 16....

Oh my goodness, ohmygoodness! I have known of Chickadee's fascination of this boy I provide care for since a few months ago. The silly girl had a crush on another boy but he started going to a provider closer to his older brother's school. Still we see them once in a while, it is obvious that their 'relationship' has changed.


Like many girls, and I was hoping that my Chickie wouldn't be this way (at least not this early), she is planning to get married AND she wants them to take her to Disneyland.


Example:


Last night the Great Wolf Lodge commercial came on, and as she has for many months now, she started getting excited and bouncing on the couch.


Chickie: "Ooooooh, I wanna go there!"
Daddy: "Well I know somewhere better than that."
Chickie: "Where? I wanna go there!"
Daddy: "Disneyland, we can go there some day."
Chickie: "No. Quinn is going to take me to Disney Land"
Daddy: "Why, honey, when we can go together."
Chickie: "Cause he LOVES me!"


Both Daddy and I looked at each other, surprised by what she had just said, with so much conviction behind it. We just started cracking up. Mostly me I think. This boy and Chickie have a love-hate relationship that appears as they have been married for years. Even the mother of this boy and I have said "why don't you get married and get it over with"

She said this as she slammed her fist down on her leg. You would have thought that we were talking to a 16 year old twitterpated girl. But no, she is 3-1/2 and she states that he loves her, they are going to get married AND (as if that isn't enough) he is going to take her to Disneyland. Probably for her honeymoon, I would assume.

It is so very funny and I am sure soon enough will become a reality, with probably a different boy. Chickadee has gone from 3-1/2 to 16 in a flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment