Monday, February 21, 2011

{Nice to See You Again}:: Catch up on our Happenings

 I have to say that we have been busy. I know, not the most original excuse or reason but it is the truth.
It would be nice if there was something exciting that would have been a good replacement for "busy" but it has been daily life keeping us on our toes.

 Fer and I have been pretty lucky as Grammy and Papa D have been enjoying time with Chickadee and giving us date nights almost every weekend. Grammy and Chickadee just love each other. This has been lovely on our part, we know Chickadee is having a great time and we get some special time together as well. So we have enjoyed eating out, going out for a drink, walking stores without rush to the toy department and going to the movies. We have seen both The Green Hornet (not so great, a few laughs) and Just Go With It (a much better choice).

 There isn't really anything new with me. Just work and cleaning with the usually childish things that I enjoy/put up with. I have been exercising more, I know again, and in just one week I notice a big difference and feel much better. Never will I be as I was before but I wish to be more comfortable in this new body.

 I have been reading my eyes, brains and heart out. After I read, which seems to keep me a little more sane that usual, I write reviews of the books and conduct the occasional author interview for Double Shot Reviews.
 I recently went through Chickie's room and cleared out at least 1/2 of her toys. Man, that was a few hours of work and now I have toys in my closet and on the patio. We haven't decided where they are going but hope that we do soon cause Mommy wants her closet back.

 Soon I am going to be the mother of a 4 year old. Currently she is 3 and a 1/2 and don't you forget it or she will remind you. I am excited and sad at the same time. This year she wants a Rapunzel party and Birthday, she says both, so I am getting a little creative. More on this later.


Chickadee is getting into dancing more than ever and is really fascinated with being a ballerina, maybe one day she can take some dance lessons. She is also really good and playing "high yah", which is karate chopping daddy. She has very good aim and nice power behind her blows, be prepared if you agree to play this game with her. She also loves cutting, coloring, painting, stickers and going to the library to pick out new princess and/or pony books.

 Next month Chickie is going to her first dentist appointment. I am not sure what to expect from her but I am a little nervous.


 Fer is still busy at Plastic Machines though he feels he is working with a bunch of lazies. Can you believe that they wanted him to work on a Saturday? He already works 40 hours in 4 days and then goes to work on Fridays 99% of the time and they wanted him to shove in another day? If you are a hard worker you are never really appreciated, they just end up wanting more. He is also thinking about getting a second job again. A little sad since we have gotten used to having him around, but we have done it before and we can do it this time as well. But he is so good at what he does and so very dedicated to providing for us. I guess one can't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment