Friday, November 6, 2009

Black Heart

Have you felt that dark, cold touch? Something terrible holding you back for no good reason? I once experienced that sadness and hurt, just once. I experience the lasting effects every day from someone I hold very close and dear. I have seen so many others effected every day. I deal with it as a partner, as a friend and a human. I even got into a fight because of a horrible thing someone mentioned, not about me or family but a race. What horrible words of hatred. Violent and demeaning acts that are experienced. And for what? Do you think that you are 'pure' and 'perfect'? Guess again. I'm sure that by now very few people are pure and even then there have been many studies linking 'us', by 'us' I mean everyone, to Africa. There have been claims of the first mother venturing from Africa, wandering and migrating all the over the world. If it wasn't her foot that touched the ground it was a child of hers bearing the first blood. We are all one. We come from the same beginning and we shall experience the same end. We are humans affected by the same actions, diseases, hardships and joys. It is time to open your eyes and heart to experience a beautiful world filled with people of differences and similarities. The beautiful colors and shapes, Smiles, Hair, Eyes, Noses. There is beauty and wonder in difference. It is past the time to embrace this world that we all call home. Pass a glance at something attractive, spread a smile, a gentle touch, sweet words whispered. You will be done with this world sooner than you can think and you shall look back and remember what you have done with your life. Did you have that white picket fence, that all American dream, a dog and 2.5 children. Did you find that true love that stole your heart since your met eyes? Did you marry and promise to always love and cherish in sickness and in health, for better or for worse? Did you make a difference in this world and leave your lasting impression on the lives you entered? Did you make someone feel important, loved, good for what they do? When was the last time you looked at someone and confessed, I love you. Believe what you want. Either by God's Grand Design or Mother Nature's Evolution. We all come from 1 man and 1 woman. We are all linked by the need of survival, the primitive being. We are one. We are family. And it is overdue. Think about your life. Think about your actions, cause and effect. Did you do well? To be forever blessed for your road that you took. Did you create your own Hell on Earth only to be continued for all eternity? You have a choice. It is never to late to become a better you and make this world as magnificent as it was meant to be. You are the first step. So think long and hard. How did you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment