So I had been seeing this one pot pasta thing all over pinterest a bit back and decided to give it a try. This basic idea is very versatile, you can use meat or no meat, pretty much any veggies you like, any pasta you would like and it only dirties up one pot!
In this dish I had a whole bunch of asparagus, brussel sprouts, carrots, spinach, a can of Italian diced tomatoes, bell pepper and I chose fettuccine as our pasta.
Place all of this in the pot with water or broth, I used homemade chicken broth, and let it cook until the pasta and veggies were tender. I did hold off on adding the spinach until the last minute.
So yummy, easy and quick.
Tuesday- Hot Dogs
With our hot dogs we are not too picky about the meat or the buns but when it comes to the toppings we are a little different.
We like to caramelize sliced onions with pineapple chunks. We toast up our buns and for Mommy and Daddy's buns we put sriracha mayo and ketchup while the kiddos have mayo and ketchup. We top our dogs with the caramelized onions and pineapple, chunks of avocado and cheese.
So messy but so good!
Wednesday- Fruit Salad
For this fruit salad, which it is always a bit different, we have watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, grapes and banana drizzled with agave nectar.
Filling, the kids devour this and it is a nice break form the heavier foods we may eat during the week.
Since we finally get to enjoy the company of Daddy for dinner we decided on a Free Day where we choose what we want to eat within reason. We will only run to two different restaurants so there needs to be some agreement.
Mommy and Daddy chose Chipotle and the Kiddos opted for nachos.
Not the healthiest but once in a while you need a break.
Friday- Sausage, orzo and carrots
I bought two packages of sausage with a 2/$5 coupon. Not awesome but better than their regular price.
One of the sausages I chose was hardwood smoked chicken and I paired with with orzo that I mixed up with spinach when it was done cooking and topped with a shredded Italian cheese mix and then had another round of those candied carrots. Yea, those carrots you cook up with butter and brown sugar, so nice to pair up with the savory side of the meal.
So this week was pretty simple on the cooking side, we enjoyed 2 meat-free meals instead of our usual 3. Sometimes you just need to end a little and enjoy.



No comments:
Post a Comment