Monday- baked tortellini (link here)
I found this recipe, again on pinterest, and I did not follow it to a tee, it was more of an inspiration on a different way to use the package of marked down tortellini I had sitting in my freezer.
So the changes I made were.... to use tortellini instead of ravioli, though they are pretty similar. I did use a basil and garlic pasta sauce and rinsed it out with a bit of water to get all the goodness, since I did this I did not add any extra water. I also did not layer. 1) pasta sauce and can of Italian diced tomatoes in and mixed. 2) add tortellini and stir it around to coat with the sauce. 3) cover in a nice layer of cheese. I used one of those 8oz packets of shredded mozzarella. 4) bake in oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. 5) enjoy.
Leaving it more simple helped me out a little but the kids loved it too. I think if I would have garnished with parsley the kids would have seen the color and it may have turned them off.
This is a nice basic recipe that is easy, affordable and enjoyable and will be making it's home in recipe index.
Tuesday- l/o sausage soup with biscuits
From last week we have some left over sausage soup, which in my opinion, has only gotten better with a little age. Time to heat it up and enjoy it with a nice packet of biscuits.
Easy Peasy!
Wednesday- taco bowls
Super easy and my kiddos love to make up their own taco bowls form the line up.
First I made the bowls with flour tortillas in a muffin tin. The oven was set at 350 and they were in there for just over 10 minutes. Just keep checking until you get the perfect bowl for you, we like ours with just a touch of brown on the edges but still a little soft.
In the line up we had lettuce, warmed black beans, avocado, bell pepper, cilantro, black bean and corn salsa, sour cream, left over Chipotle salsa and shredded cheese.
I find that the kids eat more when they get to build their own dish. Win for everyone.
Thursday- stuffed pork chops with cauliflower and broccoli
I was wanting something different and I rarely shop from butcher department in the store but I was inspired a sale on Salmon, that was until I was face to face with the label that stated 'color added'. Yea, no thanks. So I found a meat that was similar in price. Fred Meyer's stuffed pork chops are delicious and two of them easily feeds all of us.
To go along with these chops will be steamed cauliflower and broccoli.
Simple and yummy!
I have tried stuffed zucchini before and we enjoyed it. By 'we' I mean the parents of the household. I found this recipe and thought this variation sounded good.
The only thing I am changing is the call for jalapeno. I know this is a no-go with the kiddos but there will be plenty of options for Mr. Hubster to make these as spicy as he likes.
Saturday- chili and cornbread bake
I have seen these floating around and looking at the recipes they are pretty basic. Like snag a baking dish, add in two cans of chili, I chose Stag just beans chili, and top with a box mix (2 boxes of Jiffy) cornbread and bake according the box.
Top it off there will be sour cream, spicy stuffs for Mr. Hubster and cheese.
Sunday- FREE DAY!!!
Time to take a small break from the kitchen and dishes!



No comments:
Post a Comment