Thursday, October 22, 2015

Menu Planning: October 12-16

Monday- Grammy's soup with cheesy garlic crescent rolls
My mom, when she makes soup, she really makes it! She brought us over a Tupperware of a batch and I decided that we would enjoy it today along with crescent rolls that I would make up a garlic butter to spread on and a sprinkling of cheese before rolling them up. 
Sharing is caring and in this case it is healthy for our bodies, perfect for the cooler weather and great for the budget!

Tuesday- Baked Potatoes
I have seen on pinterest putting potatoes wrapped in tin foil in the slow cooker to enjoy for the evening and I think I will give this a try. I like my slow cooker and I also like that my timing doesn't have to be absolutely perfect when it comes to putting them in the oven.
BargainBriana says to wash your potatoes, stab them with a fork a few times, wrap them in foil, place them in the slow cooker seam-side up, and then cook on low 6-8 hours.
Once I have baked my potatoes we will have butter, sour cream, shredded cheese, beans and broccoli as our toppings. Simple and yummy and there are at least a few things in there my little picky eaters would approve even if they are extra picky that day.

Wednesday- Yogurt Bar
We like our yogurt and I make it a point to stay stocked up. 
Tonight the kids will choose their own flavor and add in at least two toppings if not more. We will have granola, strawberries, blueberries, bananas and grapes.
The kids really like to make up their own creations.

Thursday- Sausage soup

From last week I have one sausage left over and am going to make up another soup. I am going to follow the same recipe as I did for the Hamburger soup in a previous post but sub in sausage and make it in the slow cooker instead of on the stove top. 
Set it and forget it. Well you can't forget it at all, the smell will be a great reminder of what is cookin' up for dinner.

Friday- FREE DAY again!
For today we chose Pizza Hut for their Hawaiian Luau stuffed crust pizza and their BBQ wings.
Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment