Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Valentine's My Love




The mad crazy rush of our family birthday and holiday season has come to an end. It all starts with November birthdays to Thanksgiving to December birthdays, Christmas festivities, New Years, Three Kings and ending with a January birthday. Time to slow down a little, get things back to normal and start crafting for the next mini celebration, Valentine's Day.
Valentine's Day decorations.
I am looking at my list of crafts and I want to do them all. Realistically I shouldn't even try that so I am going to have to sit and choose a few that the kids and I can slowly whip up to decorate the house.

I really like the idea of sun catchers so I think I will be hunting down our red tissue paper and covering it with clear contact paper, cut out hearts and hang from the back door.

I really wanted to make our own window clings with puffy fabric paint. I tested a few out and it so did not work. I can't get the darn cute hearts off of the plastic so I can hang them up. Bummer!!!! I could have used this idea for all of the holidays.

A garland would be nice, just would need to choose which type....
I am really liking the pompoms. Simple, colorful and I could have Chickadee help me.

#DIY: cupcake liner flowersThen I need to think of cards. Maybe secret message cards where you write something nice with white crayon on a white paper heart and it can be revealed by using markers or watercolor painting over it.
Of course, Chickadee would probably prefer My Little Pony cards for her friends. So maybe we will keep the secret message cards to send off to family.

Recycled Crafts -  Make Valentine's Day cards. Love the imperfect hearts!Instead of purchasing flowers we could learn how to make our own. My go to is making tissue puffs or Mexican tissue flowers but this time around I think the kids may like putting together some cupcake liner flowers. I have plenty of cupcake liners left over for the boy's birthdays and it could help get them out of my cupboard.

Another fun and affordable craft is toilet paper tube painting. You can save up a few rolls and bend them so they are in the shape of a heart. Dip in paint and stamp on paper. This could be great for making cards, wrapping paper or just a few fun and colorful pictures to hang. This is a fun activity that both Beast and Chickadee can do, and if I was really brave that day, even  Mr. Fluffy could have a go at it.

I think I will search around Pinterest for even more ideas to add to my collection. There is always something new to find.
What are your plans for this Valentine's Day?

Follow PreciosaMamaX3's board Valentines my Love on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment