Friday, January 31, 2014

Valentine's My Love



Valentine's day is right around the corner, just another celebration in the parade of celebrations. Our busy time begins in Novemeber with Grammy and Grandma's birthdays, Thanksgiving, Mr. Fluffy's birth, Christmas, Posadas, New Years, Three Kings and then Beast's birthday.... I am just plain worn out. But decorating for this colorful celebration of friendship is pretty easy and a little fun. I have found several ideas on crafts that Chickadee and Beast can enjoy with me.

Now I don't believe that Valentine's day should be the only day to show how much you care. Every day has that opportunity if you choose to accept that. I use this day to show all the reasons why my kids and hubby are special in a different way than I normally do. Daily notes of what I love about you, colorful hearts created together, secret messages....

There are also a few other crafts that can be used as a science lesson and for other celebrations...


I try to keep that special one on one time with both Chickadee and Beast, during the school week can get a little challenging but the weekends when hubby is working is a bit easier as long as everyone helps me out.
I think this year we are going to make homemade valentine's for Chickadee's classmates, maybe the hidden messages or a simple oragami heart...


No comments:

Post a Comment