So I am starting to think I am a little crazy or maybe it is just the sleep deprivation getting to me after caring for a vampire baby and an early bird Chickadee, but I got this great idea to get Chickadee a guinea pig for her birthday. So it's not her birthday yet and I would be getting plenty of enjoyment from a piggie as well, then I ran into a lady who was needing to re-home her two female piggies. Of course I couldn't separate them, so I took them both home as an early birthday surprise and she was overjoyed.
She loves these princess piggies that she has renamed Jasmine and Ariel, so much for their original names or anything Mommy and Daddy suggested, she had her heart set on those princess names and nothing was going to change that. I believe that I will have to hold her back a bit from all the helping she wishes to do, reminds me of how she is with Mr. Brighteyes, super helpful, even a bit too much.
Next on the list of extras is that she is taking swim classes three days a week. It is so nice seeing her get out to try something new, be around new people and surprisingly handle it all very well. My shy Chickadee wasn't shy at all and was more than ready to get into that pool and learn.
Chickadee enjoys swimming so much that she wants to take another class in the Spring and Daddy mentioned having her take a different activity on the other two days of the week. Definitely a great way to get her out there around different people and more children. Hopefully friends are made :)
Another thing I need to do is get back on the reading wagon. I have several requests from authors for me to read their writings and review them over at my friends blog: Doubleshot Reviews. I have been slacking so very much, trying to find the time to fit it in with Mr. Brighteyes and Chickadee but have been unsuccessful. It makes me feel a little bad for the authors. I think I will make reading the 'Me' time that I am really needing and wanting.
By the way, this friend of mine is pretty awesome and I really should work on making more time for her! We have been friends for close to eight years, the longest I have ever had a best friend in my adulthood. I love how she is understanding of my life as a mom and I am understanding of her life as well. That would be a perfect 'Me' time is to abandon the munchkins with Daddy, I am sure he will survive, and enjoy a coffee date with this lady.
On another list of items are our goals for this year: working on our savings so that next year we can purchase a house, trade our vehicle for a more gas efficient car, Daddy will be working a second job and possibly going to school, planning a long weekend beach trip with the munchkins and several trips to the zoo, attempting to open a buisness or maybe two depending how luck falls and most important of all.... being happy and healthy..... maybe another baby :)
Of course there is always something to be added to any of these lists. Life is great at throwing things at you. Hopefully we don't stumble to hard on those bumps in the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment