Monday, February 28, 2011

Mommy's Little Helper

Chickadee has always been a helpful girl, when the mood strikes. But it seems more and more lately. I have this issue and it is called a husband. I will get the home all clean after caring for children and shipping them off to their parents. I deal with the apartment management and maintenance team and annoying neighbors. Still I manage to get the chores done in proper time. And what does he do once he steps through that door? He tosses off his shoes and socks somewhere near the door, drops his backpack and coat, which is occasionally accompanied by his hoodie. All of which are wet, greasy, muddy and sprinkled with plastic shavings. All I can manage, which is the nicest option of all, is a 'look' to declare I am not happy that I have cleaned that spot over and over and yet he still drops it all. It has been noticed by Chickadee, my very observant girl, and she has gotten on him a few times about it AND she is alot more pushy about it.

One huge 'But' about all of this is it only happens on her schedule so I guess I should really beaming when it happens.

The other night, like most, I am left to clearing the table and placing the dishes either in the sink or in the washer. I am also the one who wipes the table down and I quite often here "Just leave it. We can do it later honey, I will help you. Come be with us." Okay, but with some foods, do you realize that they are difficult to get off if you do not rinse then right away. Or that I know that if I don't do it now I will become lazy and not do it at all that evening and will have to wake to do it first thing in the morning.

Well to my huge surprise, Miss Helpful, said she wanted to help and this is what we got







I am hoping to have many more helpful moments from this Chickadee.

No comments:

Post a Comment