Friday, July 23, 2010

July & August Round up

As usual nothing is boring around here and if it ever gets to that point it doesn't last for long.

Let's start at the beginning of it all :
The first Friday of July Evie had a sleepover at Grammy and Papa D's house. Nice, but we miss her and it really doesn't change much about what we do.

On the 4th we had a nice BBQ, my dad makes some yummy creations on his grill. They set up their drive way with chairs and parked the truck so that Evie can chill in the bed with blankets and toys. She has no problem with fireworks but I have done a nice job instilling a little caution into her about fire so there was never a worry about her getting too close. Papa D had bought some sparklers for her to try. First attempt was a fail, she was too unsure. But Papa pushed it a little with her and then she didn't want to stop. I think she was a little sad when they were gone. Then Grammy popped the question. So Evie had another sleepover that evening.

Two sleepovers in the same weekend. What are we gonna do with our selves? Be lazy.

Then Evelyn had her 3 year check up. She is now in the 50th percentile for height and 75th percentile for weight. My Chickadee weighs a whopping 32 lbs.

That weekend we and a birthday party to enjoy. Next weekend we went and watched Despicable Me on the big tv (theater). Super cute!!

We were supposed to celebrate Fer's birthday this coming weekend but he jinxed us. We haven been sick for a long while. I have thought it, never daring to let it form into words from my mouth. But what did he do? He said it. So guess what. I think lil Chickadee is getting sick. Lovely.

The last weekend of July Evie will be staying overnight at the Beach with Grammy and Papa D. I know she will have a blast, she asks to go all the time. What will us parents do? Well the 31st is Fer's birthday and we are going to pig out on some Red Lobster. After that? Who knows but we will have good food and be way beyond full.

August also holds something special every weekend other than the normal rush of groceries and cleaning.

The first weekend we are celebrating my brother's birthday, the 14th we are celebrating the re-scheduled party for Fer, the 21st is a Scentsy party and then the last weekend, the 28th is a Special Agent Oso End-o-Summer party.

During the week there is little sleep and very few evenings that I get the pleasure of snoozing straight through the night. I long for that blissful feeling but I know that it is a rare occurance.

Like the past 4 evenings. Evie has started letting us know she needs to go potty. What a huge step. She usually would wake dry but now she is getting the bigger message. But how does she let me know? By crying and fussing 'Mommy, I need to go potty'. Of course if I get up to assist my body too says, hmm, that's a good idea. Lovely. And then off to share the bed with 2 bed hogs for the rest of the morning.

Of course on the third evening, when Fer got her, she did not need to go potty. He got it easy. Seriously, what the heck.

Last night she wasn't feeling the best so she got to sleep in her tent which is just for naps. She woke right when I had snuggled into bed and was very ready to drift off. then I hear shifty little feet and then she whispers to me ' I have to go potty'. Scared the poop outta me but her message delivery was alot more pleasant. So off to the potty and I sent her off to her tent, which I have never made her do. And what happened? There was no fit and she fell back asleep. Awesomeness! So I get back into bed and could not find 'that' spot again. Hello tossing and turning. I was able to get to sleep for a little while before Evie came into our room. She was so excited that she had fallen back to sleep in her tent and she was wanting to share it with us. Shhhhh. It's too early. It is amazing how quickly 5:20 comes when your night was not dedicated to sleep.

Oh well. i guess that is what comes with being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment