Monday, June 14, 2010

Challenge for Change

Diabetes runs on both sides of the family, well I have 1 diabetic person on my side and Fer has 2 on his side. In my situation it is not genetic as it is only passed on the fathers side but for Fer it it. Both his father and one of his brothers has diabetes, type is unknown to me, but it makes it easier for Fer to develop diabetes which then makes it easier for our children as well.

On top of that we are both over weight. We work long hours, eat yummy food that is not the highest in nutritional value and would rather be homebodies than try to make our hectic schedules more demanding by adding exercise.

Well, to come out and be completely truthful I am sick and tired of this body that is not in my control. I do not like the way I feel. I do not like the way I look. I was never the tiniest person ever but I used to fit into a size 5/7 pants (depending on the cut and maker) and small tops.

Now after having my daughter and just going through the motions of my new life I am a size 10 pants and M/L shirts.

I am not looking to demand a change in the size of clothes I purchase as it will be what it is when the weight disappears. What I am looking for is a trimmer body with a little less 'fluff' to it.

Let's compare the pre-baby to post-baby sizes:

Pre-Baby                                                                                            Post-Baby
Weight - 115                                                                                       Weight - 153
Pants - 5/7                                                                                           Pants - 10
Tops - XS/S                                                                                        Tops - M/L

I am not happy. That simple.

Goal
Weight - 120/125       That is a loss of  28 - 33 pounds.

Besides my personal view on myself, I need to set an example for Evelyn and our future children.

So here is my plan, there is no time limit. I want to make this a lifestyle.

Some days I will be exercising during the children's nap time in the afternoon and after my daughter goes to bed in the evening.

Week 1 - Kettle Bell dvd (Afternoon-workout #1, Evening-workout #2)
Week 2 - Pilates dvd ( I am not flexible at all so this is my challenge)
Week 3 - Prevention's Kickboxing dvd (Afternoon-workout #1, Evening-workout #2)
Week 4 - Prevention's Fight Cellulite dvd (Afternoon-workout #1, Evening-workout #1)
Week 5 - Legs, Butt, Hips & Thigh Makeover dvd (Afternoon-workout #1, Evening-workout #1)
Week 6 - Kettle Bell dvd (Afternoon-workout #2, Evening-workout #3)
Week 7 - Pilates
Week 8 - Prevention's Kickboxing dvd (Afternoon-workout #2, Evening-workout #3)
Week 9 - Prevention's Fight Cellulite dvd (Afternoon-workout #2, Evening-workout #2)
Week 10 - Legs, Butt, Hips & Thigh Makeover dvd (Afternoon-workout #2, Evening-workout #2)

I am changing the type of workout each week so that my body does not get too used to the current work out so that I can tone different areas of my body and keep seeing progress.

I have planed for 10 weeks but that doesn't mean I will stop there. For now I think that is enough planning and more can be done at a later date after this is accomplished.

Here is a current pic of me...

1 comment:

  1. I can relate! On June 1, I said enough is enough. My goal is to lose 20 lbs and so far, I am half way there. What has helped me is that my husband is on board too (he was carrying around a lot of baby weight from my pregnancy as well)! He has also lost around 12 lbs, so we are both completely focused and motivated.

    I'll have to look into the exercise dvds you mentioned. I am a faithful Jillian Michaels & Biggest Loser follower and use several of those dvds (they are highly effective). I have already lost over 10 inches in 3 weeks. I have a healthy BMI again, but man those size 6 jeans I've been holding on to are calling my name and encouraging me to stay strong!

    I look forward to hearing about your success!

    ReplyDelete