It was a decent fall afternoon this past Saturday, the day before our sunny adventure to the park, we had decided to go to the new PetsMart to see the doggies, kitties and fish. We had parked, a nice space, and got out of the car getting ready to cross over to the store and there was a boy. Doesn't sound different or weird until I mention he was about 4 years of age, alone, and calling for his Mommy.
He had come so close to crossing our way, in the flowing lot traffic and I hoped loudly that he wouldn't cross. As soon as the traffic cleared we briskly walked over to the boy and asked if he had lost his Mommy. "yes" he said not quite a fuss but definatly a worried tone. I told him it all was okay, reached for his hand and he held mine.
Handing Evie over to Daddy so I could lower myself to his height more easily, I asked where his Mommy was. Fer told me he saw him coming from the side of the store. So we decided, hand in hand, to wait a few minutes to see if anyone would show.
He spoke well and about coming from all directions, well that's confusing. After a few more minutes of pointing and discussions we decided to walk towards the side of the store, these few minutes ended up being about 10 in total.
Just as we rounded the corner a woman, looking frantic, exited Java Mama, eyes met and she ran to us.
Oh my gods were whispered and almost shouted, where was he, who, when and why's were asked and stated. then I received quite possibly the most satisfying but painful hug ever. Tears ran down her face, and thank you's were given.
A slap of reality that I ponder as we walk away and Evie enjoys the animals. A fear and happiness. A crazy mix of overwhelming emotions that almost brought tears to my own eyes.
Now the wonder of happiness and health for that family.
No comments:
Post a Comment