First, the news needs to cool it. Seriously you are freaking everyone out.
Second, you need to be aware of your body and how you feel. Do the same for all the members in your family and if you get that 'feeling' go to the doctor to make sure that it is just the seasonal flu.
Third, this vaccine is way too new to be out there flowing through people's veins. I have heard of people getting seriously sick after receiving the vaccination. Even close to dying and you want me to get that shot? K, let's make one thing very clear. I am not that crazy. I have a written prescription sitting in my purse for that dang shot, I was recommended to get it because of the ages of children I work with. Thanks but no thanks.
I am even so uncrazy that when all three of us in my little family felt like we had flu symptoms I closed my house and I did not allow any other families with their children to come in. What does that mean? I lost a whole weeks worth of work. Fernando went to work 1 day that week and regretted it and stayed home the rest of it.
You feel sick? Cover your cough, carry tissues, wash your hands often, use hand sanitizer ( no excuse dollar tree carries it), do not go out more than you need to, do not go to work. Stay home and protect yourself and others. You will get a little cabin fever, sure, but you will feel wonderful when you are finally rid of the illness.
I send children home that are acting 'weird', different from their normal selves. I loose the money. But we all stay as healthy as we can and I think that is the real 'paycheck'
So stop with the craze, "oh my god they ran out of vaccinations" They always do. Every single year there is the rush and there NEVER is enough, time to get used to that reality. Stop with the "Oh my god if I don't get that shot I WILL get H1N1 and I WILL die" Um, yea. Lots of people have chosen to not get it like my family :) and we are still alive H1N1 free.
It is not the end of the freakin world people. There have been worse illnesses and diseases. I think we will make it.
No comments:
Post a Comment