Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Before Babe I Could Never Imagine

Before the babe I could never imagine:
~ how it feels to hold some one so little so tight
~ smelling that fresh baby smell even after she isn't that tiny anymore
~ the warmth a true smile or giggle escapes her lips
~ when she gazes in my eyes and says "I love you too, mama"
~ snuggles and cuddles and kisses galore
~ even her snores are cute
~ spontaneous run by kisses
~ when she finally wants to hold my hand
~ "come on mama"
~ potty parties and dances
~ happy princess panties
~ running in circles even after I am exhausted but she insists on more
~ how fast time runs
~ wind in her hair
I couldn't have imagined any of this. The feelings that rush over me, there are no words. To many they seem like simple things and yet they are. Very special, simple things that are done by a babe that came form us. A miracle that was made and to watch her grow and develop new quirks all of her own. It is a warm static feeling. Like magnets we are drawn to each other. You can't help but feel better about your life once you look at her. She now is THE reason for life. My reason for being a better person. To work hard. To make sure she has everything she needs and we can discuss the whole catalog of toys she wants to play with. She is a little person with so many words and phrases to describe her and then I read those words, digest it and they still are not quite right. Her father and her were the best things I have done in my life. Love comes from them and swarms me like a tornado of butterflies.
Now I watch you sleep after playing with your hair. You are so peaceful, beautiful just as an angel. You are perfect in every way, even your temper. Because it is you, it is us.
I love you my angel.
Dulces suenos mi corazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment