Turns out Ramsey is not acting well. His swimming is all discombobulated, he gulps, breathes fast, twists and turns and goes upside down. I had called PetsMart's Fish Advice Expert and little advice I got. "it sounds like you are doing everything right. Just change the water again and he should bounce back." Well he also assured me that Lola has nothing to do with it but interestingly as she is more active he has taken a turn for the worst.
I have changed his water and it seemed as he was feeling better till i saw, just moments ago, him spasming and all that I can relate it to is him having a seizure or stroke. But can Sir Ramsey have those? That I am not sure. Something I am positiver is that he is not looking well and it may soon come to that time when Mommy and Daddy need to sit Lil Bit down and have 'the talk' with her.
After that there is the discussion and possible decision of getting a new fish with a new name.
It sure does feel like the making of a sad day. As a parent I need to remind myself that this IS just a fish. That he is our daughters first lesson of life and death and that our lives will go one. Maybe sadness will come, maybe she will turn and run off and play as normal.
I'm so sorry to hear that Ramsey may not make it. It is definitely a hard talk to have with your child I'm sure, but as you said, unfortunately one that eventually needs done. One thing to think...better to have to have the talk with it being a pet...might make it easier come time for when a human friend passes.
ReplyDelete