Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April Craziness Falls into May Madness Pushing all through Summer

This month is proving to be quite busy. Besides working and trying to do all our normal doings we have plenty of weekend gatherings.

            Fernando finally has received a raise, and quite a good one I might add, at Plastic Machines. They will be moving him from the type of machines that he currently works on to train him on the CNC machines. But before they hire someone to replace him, Fernando is given the task of testing any newbies to make sure they have the skills to fill his shoes.
            Sadly but happily in a mixed emotion kind of way, he will be working 5 full days (M-F) at Plastic Machines (working 30 hours overtime in a month) and then M, W, F evenings and S & S full days at Jack's Box (working a total of 30-36 hours). This all leaves less time for family. But at least he has work and he is willing to do it.

             Evie and I got news that we were accepted for new insurance. Evie's medical was costing Fer $220 per month and I have had none for a while now. So under this new coverage we will be receiving medical, vision and dental for the both of us for $250 a month. That is just $30 more than what Fer was paying for just her. 

            I am back on the loosing weight wagon. On Monday 4/5 I weighed 152.4lbs and then on my birthday, 4/9, the scale delighted me with the gift weight of 149.9lbs. Today, 4/15, the scale was so nice to lower that weight to 148.1. Yeah!!!!

            April 4th - Happy Easter!! We gathered for Easter morning to see what the Bunny had brought while we were sleeping, he is a very sneaky one. We had left him a rainbow muffin (made by Evie), carrots, celery and orange juice. He turned out to be a very nice bunny, leaving baskets for her at our house, Grammy’s house and at Grandma June’s house.
            Evie was wearing her 'Snow White' dress for Easter morning and boy did she hate every minute of it. That is not me being sarcastic people, she really hated it. The moment I showed it to her she burst into tears saying she did not want to wear it but who's the parent here? That's right, it is me. I picked it out, I bought her that cardigan that cost more than the darn dress (figure that one out), and I say she is going to wear it even if it is just for a few pictures.
             Later that evening we all returned for a family dinner of shrimp and risotto prepared by Papa D.

            April 9th - My birthday, thank you for the cards and birthday wishes. Fernando and I enjoyed a date night just to ourselves. We went to Macaroni Grill where I enjoyed lobster ravioli. Afterwards, we walked around the shopping area, bought a few drinks and returned home to relax and enjoy them.

            April 10th – Besides trying to get all food and supplies we had my family birthday party. It was very nice and we ate plenty of good food including my mom’s lasagna and garlic bread.

            April 17th – I am holding a Scentsy party. I sell Scentsy products part-time. They are scented wax products and warmers.

            April 24th – Papa D’s Birthday and family party. I will be hosting this gathering at my home for the second time. It is quite nice that we can have the family over here as well as at other people’s homes.

            Finally we get a break on the weekends! Fernando is planning on taking the first weekend of May off so we can have time just the three of us. We do not get much of that and I know we will find some very fun things to do.

            Then Mother’s day rolls around and we have little visits to make spreading smiles and cheer on a very wonderful blessing.

            May 15th – rolls around quite too quickly. This year Miss Evelyn is 3 years old. I just cannot believe it. She is now speaking clearly with sentences, singing her ABC’s and counting to 20. This evening we will have a family gathering for a Princess party at Grammy’s house.

            May 22nd – Evie will be having a friend birthday party at our home. Mickey mouse and friends is the theme.





We take a little break and then Grammy & Papa D’s Anniversary pops up. They want to go to a restaurant called Salty’s. I guess the price is pretty high, but the good food makes it worth it. 

            Then return to our normal every day rituals until Fernando’s birthday rolls around on July 31st.  Perfectly it lands on a Saturday, which is most likely when we will have a family party for him. He wants ribs for his dinner, which my dad makes pretty darn well.

And then yet another break until Chris’s Birthday in August, I am not quite sure on the plans for that yet.

There will most likely be another Scentsy thrown in there during one of the ‘breaks’.

I also may be providing care on the Saturdays mixed in with all the other plans, possibly date nights for the parents as well. Not only do I provide care Monday – Friday 5:30am – 5pm, I also provide care Friday and Saturdays 6pm – 11pm and Saturday mornings 10am – 1pm.

           So it is quite crazy and mad at times but you just gotta roll with the flow even though the roads are bumpy.

2 comments:

  1. You have been/are on busy busy lady. I have always been impressed by your dedication! <3 Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thanks! Bad news though. Fer is a bad funk because the Plastics job is now rejecting the raise but then they hired an evening worker to be on his machine. Fer gets off at 4 but the new guy starts at 4 and they expect Fer to train him. Excuse Me? The beautiful part of it all this newbie is starting at a hight pay rate than Fer, who has been there for 2 years. He is the lowest paid employee but the most productive. :(

    ReplyDelete