It is happening again as it has already three times. We are sick. Seriously, what is going on? We will go through the motions, the sickness, share it and complete the 3 pointed cycle of Evie, Fer and then myself. Finally to feel better for about a week and be horribly surprised when we notice symptoms yet again in our daughter.
Again we hope, maybe we won't get it and it won't be as bad as the other times. But no, that is not how it is seeming to be. Though it is not a horribly disabling cold, it is just that, a cold. A cold with the stuffies, runnies (perfect for Evie since she has a new found fascination with boogies), the coughs, sore throat, slight fever here and there and then you are just plain exhausted.
Any why? Well my reasoning which matches quite well with my mother's, is that since I provide childcare, no one is completely getting over it and it is really bigger than our 3 points. We are weakened for the fight against it and just as it has begun to cease someone with the slightest itty bit of grossness enters and lovingly shares yet again.
So how big is this cycle? There are 3 of us and then a total of 6 others. Unfortunately, you cannot always tell that it is a cold. It is the beginning of allergy season and those symptoms are very similar to this cold. Dashed on top are a couple of teethers that can have very similar symptoms as well. So I guess then is the question. How can you tell if your child is really sick and not just cutting a new tooth or suffering form our seasonal 'bliss'. Well, that is tricky and I am sure I will never master this all knowing power.
Sadly I am working today, a full shift with 2 extra kids on my ever shrinking weekend. I sit here calculating and planning how I will be able to get all things accomplished. How we will find rest in this yucky time. How to battle this war of germs.
I am declaring today as Cleaning Overhaul day. I have a 5 gallon bucket outside ready to be filled with diluted bleach solution making the perfect bath for all washable things of kids interest. And then to move on to the washing machine and the dishwasher. Dry. Rinse. Repeat. Till all is clean. Or at least much cleaner then the previous clean.
Sheets shall be changed, pillows shoved into the dryer. ALL WILL be TACKLED!!! And, I hope, it shall finally be defeated and left dead in it's disgusting tracks.
I am just too exhausted to really get going at the moment though. We had our normal Saturday morning alarm at 4 am to take Fer to work by 4:30. I usually get home 10 minutes later and cuddles with Evie in bed for another 2 hours but today I had 15 minutes before I had to rise and get ready for the 2 other children coming.
Well these days, with this economy, with the dreams and plans that we have, you take what you get and though you feel like crap you just do it. And does it suck? Hell yes, but the light at the end of the tunnel is shining on a home and a life that we have be talking about, building in our minds and setting in our dreams. Soon enough to no longer be just a dream, but our reality.
But UGH! I really could use the strongest cup of coffee anyone near can brew and deliver, a toasty blankie and a wonderful snuggly and cuddly toasty nap with someone who needs more rest herself. But I guess that is what Sundays are for.
No comments:
Post a Comment