A not so comfy discovery was made Sunday evening near the front entrance to the kitchen, a soggy wet spot. I automatically thought about Evie as she is potty training, Fer automatically thought it was me, why ? Who knows. But it was a soggy spot, and we discovered that just along the cabinets and carpet it was damp there too. Hmmm we thought. I dreaded the morning.

Here is the the soggy spot that grew to make a mini marsh land. Oh, the lovely squishy sound when you step on it and the cold wet feeling left on your socks and slippers when you misjudged the continually growing mess.

This is Tuesday morning and the kitchen is prepared for destruction. All three sets of cupboards are emptied to hopefully speed the service unlike Monday morning when we had people in and out starting at 7:30 in the am after an emergency page. Well, I was wrong about Tuesday. Nothing could get those men to move faster or more efficiently.

Here is my holy wall. There is a small hole drilled at the top of the wall that was made Monday in an attempt to find where the leak was coming from. Tuesday morning brought down the cupboard and a large hole was made. The first hole was off and not large enough. So the second attempt zigged the whole. Later the plumber came to make the hole even longer to help reach the whole area.

Oh the beautiful new pipe framed in the wall after 4 hours of waiting.

Late afternoon Tuesday I was informed that the carpet cleaners will arrive Thursday sometime before 10 in the am. Uh, I battled this head on. I have lived with my family and my work in this soggy mess since Sunday evening. The maintenance man has waded through the sogginess creating squishy sounds and you want me to wait till Thursday. I say HELL NO!!! You need to get this taken care of starting tonight. And so I prevailed. The Mighty Carpet Man came stating he needed to pull back the carpet, remove the padding, treat the area and leave a fan for 24 hours. And you wanted us to wade till Thursday, hmmmm.
This is just one reason for my slacking round here. Besides this reason there are holidays to prepare and decorate for. I absolutely love the autumn and Halloween times. I love the colors, the fresh produce, which we bought lovingly at Sauvies Island this past Saturday morning.
Friday evening Fer and I enjoyed a laid back date night courtesy of Grammy and Papa D. We spent it getting a 'surprise' for Evie which is a Betta fish named Ramsey. We also dined out at the faithful Happy Panda, bought Black Butte beer to bring home and relax with and went to bed early as we needed to rise at 4 am to go to Fer's work.
Busy busy we are, But we are loving it. Never a dull moment in our lives. Always on our toes.
No comments:
Post a Comment