Monday, September 14, 2009

Painfully Breaking In

Babylicious will be 28 months tomorrow and she is breaking in the bottom molars. Ahhh, the tempers, the throwing ourselves on the floor, the just as you turn your back she starts to fuss and cry hysterically when just a second ago she was smiling.
I checked and I saw nothing, I asked her to use her words, "owies in mouth" is all she would say. Ok, owies but where in her mouth. She didn't get another strain of hand-foot-mouth did she, we already went through that twice.
So I ask her to show me and she points to the back. I feel and feel but I feel nothing. Then off to the bathroom where there is better light and there it is. Her left bottom molar is attempting to push a corner through. And another, her right bottom molar is attempting to push as well but a little more evenly.
Poor baby. Now I understand. So out comes the tylenol, which she refuses unless you let her take it herself. Another try for the 'silly medicine', which is baby orajel. It used to scare her when she first started teething and I tried again around her 1st birthday but it was still scary. Happily, 'silly medicine' works and mixed with tylenol is a great defense.
Yay for a big girl growing her teeth. Yay, for a big girl using her words and showing mommy.
Thank goodness she is still a big girl sleeping through the night. Even this adventure brings a slightly longer nap. Yay for mommy and daddy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment