Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The dreaded coffee 'n cocoa puffs


Today is a day unlike any other day when I would like to catch a few more zzz's and it could have been possible. With the very rare occurrence of children not coming until 10:30 am, I was very hopeful. I guess I forgot to give her the memo. Awake at 6 she was just like any other day and ugh is all I can say.

So we watched Shrek and by the time that was over she was ready for breakfast. Cocoa Puffs!!! mmm and I like them too till she put them in my coffee. There is something about a chunk of something soggy in your smooth coffee that is a real turn off. So I guess it is time for that cup to meet the drain and to create another masterpiece .... yea right but it is pretty gosh darn good.

Then I hear a door shut and a lil one saying "mama... mama" what baby, what do you want? where are you and out she comes peeking round the corner with a pair of panties and shorts in hand. She wants to change but she wants to change in the bathroom, on the potty. How unusual for her but I go along with it, but she only wants the panties and not the shorts but her current pj pants which just happen to be one of her favorites, Curious George.

What kind of day lays ahead? I was thinking to clean the toys. The cold season is upon us and with the drastic change in weather it is bound to happen. Then with all the kiddies who can share all the germs and coughs, sneezes and boogies in the world never a toy.

So off I am to finally brew that coffee free of cocoa puffs, to wash all stuffed animals to free them of dried boogs and drool, wiping down the pac-n-play pads who knows what is on there, run a few toys through the dishwasher and then gettin down with the good ol elbow grease and cleaning the toys unsuitable for the easy way out.

I shall be a crazed cleaner today, not only attacking the children's things but also attacking the bathroom, eww. I really wish I had a window in there, oh the wonders that would work.

So now off to fight for my right in the laundry room and fight for the things that need to be done with Evie, cause I know sooner than later it will be a fight. And don't forget that preciously prized drink of many, coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment